Deadline: 11:59 pm, 9th of December 2022
The annual Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is organized for undergraduates in tertiary institutions in the memory of Late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the pioneer project manager of Asido Foundation. In our usual manner, the top 15 participants of the competition will be grouped into cohorts for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the competition and they will also head the cohorts groups created by the top 15.
Outcomes of the JAME Competition:
At the end of the competition, participants will:
- Have improved knowledge on mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
The Asido Foundation’s JAME competition commenced on 13th of November 2022 and submission ends 11:59 pm, 9th of December 2022.
The interested eligible persons are to write an essay on the topic: Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Requirements and Eligibility.
The Asido Foundation’s Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
To be eligible, interested participants must be able to provide proof of studentship and also sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: email@example.com
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
Ist Place ₦ 200,000
2nd Place ₦ 150,000
3rd Place ₦ 100,000
Winners will be announced on the 19th of January, 2023 and the top 15 would be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
Don’t miss this opportunity.
For more enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, 08180777458
Ends On: 9th December 2022