Call for Applications The 24th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors
Eco-generation would like to announce a call for applications for the 24th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors Program.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassador is an elite position awarded to youth aged between 13 and 24 qualified to represent Tunza Eco-generation, an environmental networking platform for children and youth around the world. Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program provides exceptional experiences with the opportunities to actively plan, to execute or participate in various environmental awareness programs in each region and country.
As a representative to Tunza Eco-generation, Eco-generation Regional Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise environmental awareness for each region and country they represent.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors would carry the voice of the future generations at an international level. Since new visitors will gain their first impression of Tunza Eco-generation through Eco-generation Ambassadors, the Ambassadors are also expected to be knowledgeable on current environmental issues and on information about Tunza Eco-generation platform as well.
We look forward to many applications from youths who are eager to protect the planet Earth.
- All Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24 (as of Feb 20, 2020) who are enthusiastic to spread news and stories about their local environmental issues at a global level.
- The 24th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors (hereinafter referred to as 'ambassador') shall be in the position for six (6) months from March 2020 until August 2020.
- 60% Application Form + 40% Activity Points
- Six (6) month of coverage plan should be stated based on concrete action plans.
- Any false information on an application form can cause disqualification or cancellation of position even after being selected.
- Any unfair practice in gathering activity points can cause disqualification.
4.1. Mandatory Duties
- An Ambassador must post at least 2(Two) reports per month in regards to the environmental issues taking place in his/her region.
- An Ambassador should check the e-mail box and Eco-generation Ambassador Forum often so as to promptly respond to Eco-generation team's notice.
- If there is any change in the personal information such as e-mail, contact number and home address, a revised 'Consent to Use of Personal Information' form must be submitted to the Eco-generation team via email(email@example.com) within 1(One) week.
4.2. Optional Duties
- An Ambassador shall voluntarily plan and execute campaigns and events to raise environmental awareness and to promote TUNZA Eco-generation in their local communities.
- An Ambassador should try to leave comments on other Ambassador's reports after carefully reading them as often as possible for active idea exchange and for encouraging each other's efforts and campaigns.
- An Ambassador should try to join various events including Monthly Events, Essay Competition and etc. on Tunza Eco-generation website.
5. Benefits of Completion
Improvement of personal environmental leadership skills.
Enhancing promotions for one's organization and (or) environmental awareness programs.
Online mentoring provided by mentors to their Ambassador Reports.
Promotional goods will be provided for environmental awareness campaigns to be planned and executed by the Ambassador:
∙ Considering differences in local postal services and adjustment process between an Ambassador and Eco-generation team, a request form must be submitted at least 3 weeks before the event.
∙ Eco-generation doesn't take responsibility for tax payment including tariff on the requested goods.
∙There are countries which up to 2kg of promotional goods can be sent. Certificate that verifies successful completion of the Ambassador's duties.
Reference letters (Please refer to Section 7. Reference Letter).
The 3(Three) best ambassador reports will be published on the monthly Tunza Eco-generation Newsletter which is publicly released to Tunza Eco-generation members.
Recognition of the 'Best Ambassador of the term' shall be given to 1(One) Ambassador who demonstrates the most passionate and active environmental activities as well as participating in various events of Tunza Eco-generation. A certificate and souvenir will be given to the Best Ambassador at the end of the term. The process and final decision on the selection shall be planned and confirmed by the Eco-generation team.
6. Completion of Ambassador Term
Ambassadors who posted a minimum of 12 valid ambassador reports will be eligible for term completion and the certificate.
Ambassadors who successfully completed their term will get a significant advantage in the term extension process.
If the posted ambassador report turns out to be not valid due to lack of format, copyright issue and etc., Eco-generation can cancel the term completion even after the issuance of the certificate.
-To reduce the CO2 emission, the certificate will be issued in digital PDF format.
7. Extension of Ambassador Term
A current Ambassador who has successfully completed both mandatory and optional duties will get the privilege of being selected without the screening process.
In spite of the privilege of screening exemption, the 6 (SIX) months coverage plan and the motivation should be filled up in the Application form Page and submitted within the application deadline. In short, the application form submission is required in the same way but the contents of it won't have an effect on the result.
A current Ambassador who has failed to complete the mandatory duties or misbehaved shall be regarded as a new applicant.
An Ambassador can broaden their region to the continental level upon their request after successfully covering their country 1 (ONE) year straight. However, if the Ambassador covers one's country only during the continental ambassadorship period, his/her coverage will return to the country level in the next term.
An Ambassador can cover only 1 (ONE) country/continent during the ambassador term.
Examples of improper behaviours which may cause disqualification of term extension include the following:
∙ Irregular posting of ambassador reports.
∙ Violation of copyright law.
∙ Insincere communication such as not responding to Eco-generation's notice e-mails.
∙ Ignoring other Ambassadors' activities such as not putting comments on their posts.
∙ Cancellation of events after receiving Eco-generation's promotional goods.
8. How to Apply
- Please submit your plan on what and how you will cover your issues for the next 6 (six) months if you become an ambassador to your country.
- We do not accept any recommendation letter from other organizations.
- Announcement will be on 21st February 2020 (GMT +0) on Tunza Eco-generation website as well as through private email. Please check our website and your email inbox to confirm the result.