Call for International Student Festival of Harkat 2021
Deadline: 25 January 2021.
The International Student Festival of Harkat will be an innovative and interactive virtual gathering for a global network of students, young researchers, youth activists and early career scientists collaborating to sustainable development goals. It is one of the leading student events on a global scale and will now be held fully online.
The global pandemic sparked by the corona-virus has created new challenges for us, the international student community. . In the case of closed borders, the internet gives us the opportunity to share our knowledge and present our works with virtual tools. Therefore, the International Student Festival of Harkat will go online for 2021.
The International Student Festival of Harkat is the largest student event in Iran. The festival is organised by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran, in collaboration with Western Asian Development Institute (WADI) and has been hosted by different Iranian universities since 2008. The concept of the festival is to gather students from different parts of the world in a combination of a festival and an exhibition.
The festival aims at encouraging student projects and activities, fostering inspiration and being a starting point for international cooperation amongst students. The festival is open for students from all over the world and is a meeting platform for young people with different scientific and cultural backgrounds. It is a place where young people get to know each other, establish new friendships and discuss various topics, from different points of view. Last year more than 30,000 applications from 127 submitted to the festival, making it one of the leading diverse student events in the world.
This festival is a place to experience unforgettable moments, meet new friends and learn about different cultures in an interesting and unique way. This international youth event will include workshops and the e-meetings in addition to the online cultural program.
• Get a Free Online Course on Persian Language and Culture
• Get Free Personal Development, Leadership and Soft Skills Courses
• Enjoy a Partially funded trip to Iran in 2021 (as soon as the borders are open and international travel is allowed)
Top 150 projects will be invited to a trip to Iran in Summer 2021. The organisers will cover accommodation, meals, cultural programs, domestic transports and tours, but participants must take care of their flight ticket to Iran and visa fees.
• Opportunity to interact virtually with students from all over the world
• Certificate of Participation from the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran
• Students, young professionals and youth activists who are currently students or have graduated in 2020 of any nationality are eligible to apply • There is no limitation in terms of disciplines, study fields or scientific backgrounds • Age 18 to 40 years old • Able to communicate in English • All participants should present a student activity run by themselves, their university or their group. Student or youth projects from any fields are eligible to apply
You can present any project or activity that is done by you or you are a part of it. Even if you have an idea, you are eligible to apply and present your project. Harkat 2021 has the following categories for the projects (but not limited to):
- Environment conservation | Community-based and volunteer projects | Public health with a focus on the corona-virus | Achievement to SDGs | Cross-cultural and international projects | Change making | Entrepreneurship and innovation | Social problems
There are two categories in order to participate in the festival:
1- Individual participants: If you are currently an enrolled student (or recently graduated) and you have an idea or you have implemented a project and you are willing to present it in an international student festival.
2- Group participants: If you are a group of 2 or 3 students (or recently graduated) and you have a group idea or project, then you must apply as a group.