CALLING YOUNG CHANGEMAKERS! APPLY NOW TO BE A SPEAKER IN IYF’S VIRTUAL SUMMIT!
Deadline: August 9, 2020
The week of October 19-23, 2020, International Youth Foundation (IYF) will host Our Future, Our Voices, a virtual summit by, for, and with young people.
Speakers will lead conversations about how to build a more just, equitable, and sustainable future, engaging other young leaders, aspiring change-makers, and allies from the corporate, government, funder, and nonprofit sectors. Young people are leading the charge for change and creating a future for us all. IYF is committed to making Our Future, Our Voices an inclusive platform that amplifies diverse ideas and identities.
Do you have a story of social change to tell?
Can you share a model or strategy that has a positive impact on a societal problem?
Can you teach other change-makers a must-have skill?
Our Future, Our Voices will convene along three thematic tracks that
align with clusters of the United Nations Sustainable Development
Ensure that all human beings can fulfil their potential and live with dignity, equality, and health.
Protect the planet so it can support the needs of present and future generations.
Build a prosperous, ethical, and sustainable economy that works for everyone--including the most vulnerable.
Who should apply to lead a session?
Whether you’re working in your school, local community, city, country, or the world – impacting 5 people or 500,000 – if you’re a young person creating positive change and you’re excited to share your experience with others, we want you to apply!
They are open to considering applications from people of all backgrounds and ages and they strongly encourage youth from marginalized or underserved communities to apply.
Is there an age limit for speakers?
They will consider speakers of all ages, but most selected speakers will be young people. They’re defining this broadly as ages 10-35.
These 10-15-minute sessions, followed by Q&A, focus on telling your story of social change, including what inspired you to act, how you are helping to solve a social problem, and your vision for the future
These 45-minute interactive workshops focus on leading activities that will transfer a specific must-have skill to other young changemakers
These 20-30-minute sessions, followed by Q&A, focus on demonstrating or presenting how to – or how not to – create community change by diving into a specific model, tool, framework, or strategy for making an impact on a social problem.
The online application consists of three sections:
1. Speaker Information – details about yourself and up to two (2) additional speakers for your session:
• Contact information: full name, email address, WhatsApp number
• Demographic information: age, location, country of origin, gender identity, race/ethnicity, education, and occupation
2. Session Information – details about the session you would like to
• Session title, thematic focus (People, Planet, or Prosperity), and preferred format (Storyteller, Strategist, or Skill-builder)
• The problem, issue, or challenge your session will address and why it is important to you
• Primary audience and geographic focus of your session (if any)
• What participants will gain by attending your session-specific knowledge or skills, a model, tool, or framework, etc. – and how you will make your session engaging
3. ICT & Logistics Information – details about your ICT access and your availability:
• Internet connectivity
• Access to devices such as laptop/tablet, webcam, and microphone
• Accessibility needs
• Availability and commitment to work with the Summit team in August & September to prepare your session