ELLE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 DIVERSITY IN LAW SCHOLARSHIP
The application deadline for submission is March 29, 2021.
Zelle is pleased to announce the firm's Diversity in Law Scholarship will be offered again in 2021. The keystone of the firm's Diversity Outreach Plan, the Diversity in Law Scholarship was created for law students who either (1) are a member of a population or group whose background and perspectives are historically underrepresented in the private practice of law; or (2) demonstrate a long-standing commitment to diversity that will be furthered by the award of the scholarship.
The Scholarship awards the selected recipient a total of $15,000.00 to be applied towards the selected recipient’s law school tuition, fees, and textbooks, with one half of the scholarship, paid for the student’s second year of law school and one half of the scholarship paid for the student’s third year of law school subject to the following:
To receive the second instalment of the scholarship, the recipient must maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (or its equivalent) through the student’s second year of law school.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must either be:
(1) first-year law students pursuing their Juris Doctor degree who are currently enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school and who have completed at least one semester of law school; or
(2) be part-time (four-year program) or joint-degree students currently enrolled in their second year of law school at an ABA-accredited law school.
1. Applicant also must either
(1) be a member of a population or group whose background and perspectives are historically underrepresented in the private practice of law; or
(2) demonstrate a long-standing commitment to diversity that will be furthered by the award of the scholarship. Selection considerations will include but not be limited to: academic performance, writing skills, demonstrated leadership skills, an interest in litigation (including antitrust and insurance litigation), financial need, and a desire to practice in one of the cities where Zelle maintains an office.
2. Applicants are required to have a 2.8 cumulative law school GPA (or its equivalent).
The Scholarship recipient will be offered and is encouraged to accept a paid summer clerkship at one of the firm’s offices for the summer following the student’s first year of law school. The specific location of the clerkship will be decided by the firm in consultation with the recipient and will be based upon both the recipient’s interest and the firm’s need. Zelle LLP reserves the right to offer the clerkship on a remote basis only.