MONBUKAGAKUSHO:MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship
Deadline: January 25, 2021 (Japan Time)
Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT) will be accepting applications for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021 (University Recommendation [General] ) as below. The selected candidates will be recommended to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) as “research students (kenkyū-sei)”.
Research students are non-degree-seeking students who conduct research at TUT’s graduate school and receive guidance from their academic advisors. To enrol in master’s or doctoral programs as degree-seeking regular students, candidates must be selected by MEXT as scholarship grantees, and also pass the entrance examination for TUT.
Those who wish to enrol as a regular student in a master’s or doctoral program from the beginning should let their academic advisors know in advance. If they pass the entrance examination after their arrival in Japan, they can change their student status and extend their scholarship duration to complete their program (up to the standard period of study), provided that their request is approved by MEXT
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS
(Applicants must satisfy all the following eligibility criteria.)
(1) Applicants: Applicants must be international students of graduate school level who are newly coming to Japan, and must have demonstrated excellent academic achievement, with a grade point average of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above in their most recent academic degree and will be expected to maintain the equivalent level during the scholarship period. They must also satisfy one of the conditions of Language ability".
(2) Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. Applicants with Japanese nationality at the time of application are not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality before the date of their arrival in Japan
(3) Age: Applicants, in principle, must have been born on or after April 2, 1986.
(4) Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy one of the qualification requirements to enter a master’s degree program or a doctoral degree program at a Japanese graduate school.
(5) Fields of Study: Applicants should apply for the field of study they majored in at university or a related field. The field of study must be a subject that applicants will be able to study and research in graduate programs at TUT.
(6) Language Ability: Applicants must have either Japanese or English language ability and must also satisfy one of the following conditions
(1)Allowance: The amounts listed below shall be paid depending on the course enrolled in. The amount of payment is subject to change each fiscal year depending on the Japanese Government budget. The scholarship shall be cancelled if a grantee is absent from the university for an extended period.
 Research students: 143,000 JPY per month
 Regular students enrolled in master’s course: 144,000 JPY per month
 Regular students enrolled in doctoral courses: 145,000 JPY per month
Transportation to Japan: MEXT stipulates the travel schedule and route, and provides an economy-class airline ticket for the flight from the international airport closest to the grantee’s residence (in principle, the country of nationality) to Narita International Airport or to any other international airport used on the normal route to the accepting university (Chubu Centrair International Airport, Nagoya).
2021 Application form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
Field of Study and Research Plan
Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
Certificate of Graduation or Provisional Certificate from both undergraduate and graduate schools (Originals or Certified copies)
Publication list for MEXT Scholarship Application
Abstract of Thesis (if completed) or a description of your thesis research in progress
Proof of high performance or good achievement record
Certificate of language proficiency
CV (Any Format but, it must include all of your academic and employment histories.)
Photocopy of your passport
Declaration sheet for MEXT Scholarship Application
Checklist of documents for Japanese Government Scholarship】
Academic Performance Entry Sheet.
For details, please refer to the following guidelines.