ReSurge International -- COSECSA short term Exchange Programme
Application Deadline: 30th March 2021 Successful Applicants will be notified
within 2 weeks of the submission date
ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA), are collaborating on a short term (1-month) Exchange Programme for trainees currently undertaking training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and who wish to gain experience at another COSECSA accredited hospital within the ECSA Region. A maximum of 3 Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Trainees will be supported in the period May – December 2021.
Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcome, a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the current accredited hospital.
Indicate in the cover letter the preferred hospital of training.
Completed application should be sent to COSECSA scholarship committee through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following hospitals are accredited for plastic surgery training:
• AIC Kijabe, including AIC-CURE International Children’s Hospital, Kenya
• Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CoRSU), Uganda
• Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital (QECH), Malawi
• University Teaching Hospital of Kigali (CHUK), Rwanda
• Mulago Hospital, Uganda
• Parirenyatwa Hospital, Zimbabwe
• University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka (UTH), Zambia
• Yekatit 12 Hospital, Ethiopia
• ALERT Hospital, Ethiopia
• Rwanda Military Hospital, Rwanda
• Soba University Hospital, Sudan
• Khartoum Teaching Hospital, Sudan
• Omdurman Teaching Hospital, Sudan
The one-month Exchange Training Programme is funded by ReSurge International. The training will be conducted in another country at a COSECSA accredited Hospital/Training Site and will be administered through COSECSA and covers expenses towards:
Host facilitation fee
➢ To educate early-career reconstructive surgeons (FCS Trainees) to provide
essential reconstructive surgical care.
➢ To promote the exchange of knowledge and surgical skills among trainees.
➢ To create equity of training in specific surgical specialities.
➢ To promote an exchange of surgical leadership and management skills
➢ To improve access to surgery in the specific surgical disciplines
➢ Improve the quality of training provided to the trainees in the COSECSA Region.
➢ Increase networking among the selected trainees and institutions.
• Only plastic surgery trainees who have not yet received COSECSA exchange
programme scholarships are eligible to apply