Now, more than ever, the importance of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT) cannot be overstated. As a generation destined to bear the consequences of potential nuclear testing and conflict, young people have a major contribution to make in this context. It is with this spirit that the CTBTO Youth Group Task Force is pleased to announce the launch of the “CTBT: a World with Nuclear Tests vs. a World without Nuclear Tests” Global Art Campaign for 2024.Art is a powerful medium, capable of expressing emotions, thoughts and raising awareness about the urgent need to ban all nuclear testing. This campaign provides CTBTO Youth Group (CYG) members with a platform to express their creativity and contribute to the global call for a nuclear test ban.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONEligibility: The Art competition is open to all CYG members. If you’re not yet a member but wish to participate, simply click the link below and join us: https://youthgroup.ctbto.org/user/register. Theme: CYG members are invited to share their artistic expression depicting their perspectives on the CTBT by illustrating the stark contrast between a world where nuclear weapons tests exist and one where they do not.
Modes of ExpressionCYG members are encouraged to explore various modes of expression while adhering to the campaign’s theme of depicting the distinctions between a world with nuclear weapons tests and a world without. It’s important to emphasise that all submissions must be original works, and AI-generated work will not be accepted.
- Visual Arts – original paintings, drawings, or digital art.
- Poetry – poems in any of the UN languages are welcomed!
- Music/Singing* – original compositions, performances, or music video.
- Dance* – choreographed or free-flowing dance performances
- Short Film/Video* – short film, animation, or short documentary.
- Photography – portrait, landscape, and documentary photographs capturing visual narratives.
Winners:A total of 15 submissions will be selected as winners:
- The top 3 winners will be granted the opportunity to travel to Vienna to visit the CTBTO and participate in an CTBTO event in 2024. Travel and accommodation expenses will be provided.
- All 15 winning entries will gain significant visibility through a dedicated weekly media series on social media. Each week, one outstanding art piece will be featured to enhance awareness of the CTBT. Additionally, all 15 winning participants will receive special gifts dispatched by post and a certificate of recognition from the CTBTO.
- Submit your entry by attaching your art work in an email addressed to Ms. Eleonora Neri (firstname.lastname@example.org) copying Mr. Marius Jano (email@example.com).
- In the subject line, please write “2024 GLOBAL ART CAMPAIGN”
- In the body text please provide the following information:
- Name and Surname
- Country of residence
- Affiliation (School, University, Company etc.)
- Optional: brief explanation of the Art Piece.
- Additionally, all participants are required to agree to the terms and conditions outlined for the campaign. To do so, copy and paste the text below in the email and insert your name and surname where stated: