The deadline for submitting applications is 15/12/2023.
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about the work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Eritrea? We offer A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information (PPI) Section of the EU Delegation to Eritrea, starting in February 2024.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA :
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Considering the current situation in the country, only applicants residing in Eritrea will be considered
- A degree in political science, international relations, law or economics, or a very strong proven background in one of those fields
- Very good knowledge of Eritrea’s history, institutional setting, legislation, and economy
- Tigrinya is the mother language, and fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic and French would be an asset
- Excellent drafting skills and capacity to translate complex texts
- Excellent knowledge of the standard IT tools: outlook, excel, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility to work in an international environment
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other formats will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in an EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – PPI Section
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. As an indication, 2023 monthly grants are published here. These amounts may be revised for traineeships starting in 2024. All costs related to travel, visa, insurance, and accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidates are not able to present the required documents, their application will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens from EU Member states:
- must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation;
- must hold a relevant entrance visa and/or temporary residence permit where applicable, based on the traineeship agreement, the duration of the traineeship, and in compliance with the local legislation.
Beging applying application form