The overall aim of the scholarships is to strengthen the capacity of OCPP partner countries to address marine environmental challenges. The OCPP awards are designed to support scientific research that will contribute to the conservation and sustainable management of marine resources.
Universities, and the people who research within them, have a vital role to play in creating solutions to enable the sustainable use of marine resources and address marine environmental problems.
What does the scholarship include?
Scholarships will fund marine science-related courses. These are specified by the host university. Each successful recipient will be entitled to:
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Disability and maternity costs (case by case basis)
Who can apply?
- Applicants should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the host university.
- Please refer to the specific OCPP country pages linked below, for the country-specific eligibility criteria and potential courses and research projects available.
- We strongly advise applicants to read all of the application guidance and FAQs carefully, before starting their application.
Applications are now open and close on 28 November 2023.