The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offer a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country. Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
-You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. You will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
-Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
FAQs pages before starting an application.
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- (Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval).
How to apply
- Look through the list of countries and universities hosting scholarships in this cycle.
- Visit the relevant university website for more information on your chosen course using the links included below.
- Complete and submit a QECS application for your chosen university/course by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. Once you’ve clicked apply, you’ll be directed to a login page. If you don’t already have a myACU account, click ‘get started’ in the right-hand corner of the page to start your application.
- Submit an application to your chosen university for admission to your chosen course.
We strongly advise all applicants to read the application guidance
Applications are now open and will close on 10 January 2024.