Applications are invited from African nationals for scholarships in the fields of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Space and Planetary Science, Planetary Geology and Remote Sensing.
WHAT IS PAPSSN?
The PanAfrican Planetary and Space Science Network (PAPSSN) is a consortium engaging in research collaboration and educational outreaches to develop labor market-relevant post-graduate curricula for training in planetary space science. The overarching objective of PAPSSN is to support the development of a skilled and innovative graduate students’ community and improve their job preparedness for the growing Planetary and Space Science labour market in Africa and foster their capacity to operate local infrastructure, generate local data and engage with the international community of scientists and entrepreneurs.
- For studentsTo be eligible for the scholarship, masters and doctoral students must:
- Be a national and/ or resident of an eligible country. At the time of the application for a scholarship, be registered/admitted in their final year or have obtained their most recent degree (or equivalent) from:
- One of the higher education institutions included in the partnership (Target Group 1);
- A higher education institution not included in the partnership but established in an eligible country (Target Group 2)
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction in the host institution.
- Meet the specific requirements of the host institution
- For staffTo be eligible for PAPSSN scholarships staff must:
- Be national(s) and resident in any of the eligible countries.
- Work in or be associated with a partner higher education institution.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the operational language in the host institution.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
The Scholarship covers
- Roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs (using a preferred travel agent and calculated against direct linear distance)
- Participation costs such as tuition fees, registration fees and service fees where applicable
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance (Health, Accident and Travel)
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the mobility period
- Settling in Allowance.
Click for FAQ
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- Carefully read the “Before you Apply” section on the website. Please complete the online application. If you are a first-time user, you will need to register; if you are already registered, simply login!
- You will also be asked to submit electronic versions of your resume, essay responses, transcripts, and the name and email of your references. Please scan your transcripts and resumes into electronic format (PDF format preferred for all requested documents).
click to apply