The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a U.S. government-funded scholarship that allows young professionals to obtain a master’s degree from one of the many universities in the United States. Successful candidates are expected to return to Sierra Leone after their studies and contribute to the country’s development in their respective fields. The Fulbright Fellowship is merit-based and highly competitive.
We are now accepting Fulbright Fellowship applications for the 2025/2026 academic year. There is a new process to apply this year. Unlike in prior years, for this cycle the application process is entirely online, and applicants no longer need to drop off their application packets at the Embassy or one of the American Spaces.
- Must be a Sierra Leonean citizen currently living in Sierra Leone
- Have completed a first degree (bachelor’s equivalent) with an excellent score
- Must have at least five consecutive years of professional experience
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic and English language competencies
- Must exceed Fulbright program minimum score on TOEFL and GRE tests (tests do not need to be taken at the time of application; they can be taken after applicants are shortlisted)
- Must not be a current participant in this year’s DV lottery program, or otherwise intend to immigrate permanently to the United States.
Applicants should submit their application no later than March 1, 2024 via the online portal, https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025.