Brought to you by the Gender and Youth Activity (GAYA), the Cultivate Fellowship is a capacity-strengthening opportunity for field-based emergency and resilience food security implementers who are interested in using qualitative methods to increase gender and youth inclusion.
Over three months, a cohort of 16-20 members will participate in both an in-person workshop, regular online meetings, and independent work to develop innovative solutions to increase gender and youth inclusion in their programs.
The Cultivate Fellowship supports fellows in design and uses qualitative methods to address their program-specific questions and deepen their contextual understanding of social inclusion and resilience dynamics of their activities, to adapt programming for transformative change.
Prospective applicants should apply as a pair working within the same program, ideally representing:
- Applicant 1: Gender, youth, and/or social inclusion components or the equivalent
- Applicant 2: Monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and/or collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) or adaptive management equivalent
The cohort is aimed at implementers working on Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)-funded Emergency Programs and Resilience Food Security Activities (RFSAs) or other USAID strategic partners located in Africa interested in participating in an English-speaking cohort. GAYA will host another cohort for French-speaking implementers in 2025.
- Fellows’ program/activity will fund travel costs (e.g., travel, accommodation, per diem) associated with attending the in-person workshop (mid-March 2024, Zimbabwe)
- Fellows will engage in three months of activities, including, but not limited to, virtual preparatory meetings, a 5-day in-person workshop, biweekly virtual meetings following the workshop, informal and formal technical mentorship calls, and a virtual learning event
- During the Fellowship, Fellows will be required to complete an inclusive resilience-focused qualitative inquiry within their program/activity.
Further details on expectations for Fellows and their Senior Leadership can be found in the Fellowship Application.
To be considered for the next cohort of the Cultivate Fellowship, please complete this full application and submit it to email@example.com by January 12, 2024, at 5pm Eastern Time.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the application and fill out the form in collaboration with your co-applicant and senior leadership team. Please complete this full application and submit it to email@example.com by January 12, 2024, at 5pm Eastern Time.