The Moscow Nonproliferation Conference (MNC) is one of the leading international discussion platforms on topical issues of nuclear nonproliferation, arms control and peaceful uses of atomic energy.
In 2024, the MNC will be held for the seventh time. Up to 200 experts specialising in nuclear topics from 40 countries are expected to attend the Conference.
It is organised by the Center for Energy and Security Studies (CENESS).
Since 2022, the CENESS and the Primakov Center jointly organise New Generation Experts Segment of the MNC. The forum’s programme features a series of sessions with the participation of young Russian and international professionals.
Participants of the New Generation Experts Segment will be invited to take part in the 2024 MNC (3 days), and then — in the youth segment of the MNC (2 days). The event will take place in April 2024. Detailed information, including the dates and venue of the MNC and its youth segment, will be provided additionally to the experts selected for the program.
The project is supported by the Presidential Grants Foundation.
Who can apply?
- Representatives of think tanks dealing with the issues of the forum: international and regional security, nuclear nonproliferation, arms control, disarmament and peaceful uses of nuclear energy;
- Master and PhD students dealing with the related issues;
- Four-year Bachelor students with significant research experience in this field are also considered.
Due to the limited number of spots available the applications will be subject for review by the organizers.
- 21–30 years old (at the time of application);
- English language proficiency at B2 level and above;
- Experience in writing research papers on nuclear nonproliferation, arms control, disarmament and peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
The organisers cover the cost of:
- Roundtrip tickets to Moscow (for participants living outside Moscow);
- Transfer from the airport or train station to the hotel and back in Moscow;
- Accommodation up to 5 nights (for participants living outside Moscow);
- Meals (according to the programme of the event).
The organisers provide assistance in obtaining a Russian visa and the necessary logistical support to the participants selected for the 2024 MNC.
Participants cover the cost of:
- Fee for obtaining a Russian visa (if applicable);
- Medical insurance;
- PCR test (if necessary).