You need to be studying a degree in a Life Science subject (related to one of the groups offering a position in the call, check carefully before starting an application) and have one of the following:
Completed at least 2 years of a University study (e.g. 2-3 years of a Bachelor (Hons) study or 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June) as follows:
- In Year 3 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 4 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject WITH an acceptance or intention to apply to a Master program (this will be checked later)
- In Year 1 of a 2-year Master course, MSc in a Life Science related subject.
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University program for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- Important information for MD applicants. MDs may only apply if they have completed 3-4years of their studies and have the relevant research experience, they must also intend to study a PhD in a Life Science related subject after completion of their current studies
- The following studies will NOT be considered: Veterinary medicine, medical engineering, agriculture, pharmacy, zoology, food or nutritional science, and any other degrees that do not include lab training or are not related to molecular and cellular biology.
- Free student accommodation
- Each student will be awarded a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week program
- Medical insurance is included in the contract for the nine weeks
- A free travel pass providing unlimited use of public transport within Vienna for the duration of the scholarship
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from Vienna
- Numerous social events.
We encourage applications from students (BA Hons, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study in a Life Sciences study (Molecular and cell biology, Chemistry etc.); a list of the areas at the Vienna BioCenter are available at the following link: https://www.viennabiocenter.org/research/research-areas/
for more info FAQ
click here to apply